Those who know me also know my fondness for the Beatles. Many of my friends get irritated and some just can’t understand my love for their music. For me, they are just superb. Yes I mentioned “they” and not “their music” because you love the music as much as you will love them.
The Beatles had become a cult during their times. The group has had such a lasting influence on the music industry that they used to regularly feature in our top 10 selling titles during my sales days in the Music Industry. This was during the early 2000 – 40 years after their debut.
Here are the top reasons why I like the beatles:-
1) Music for all times – Listen to their No.1 compilation which has their best songs over the
years. They wrote and recorded extremely good songs in a variety of styles. It’s no accident
that they were as popular as they were – they were good. You will appreciate the fact the
way they have made their music during the decades.
2) Rock n Roll – They weren’t the kings of rock n roll, but they were pretty good at what they did.
3) Meaningful lyrics – They were masters of songwriting.
4) John Lennon – The Master
5) Paul McCartney
6) George Harrison
7) Ringo Starr – Yes, he has also sung some amazing songs, check out Rubber Soul
8 ) British Invasion of the US – They were one of the most successful British groups in the US. Many musicians and rockstars tried to emulate them, but alas none of them has been as successful as the Beatles were in the US.
9) Beatlemania – They broke all records across the globe. Be it Japan, Germany, Sweden, USA, …name it.
10) Novel Styles – They were never afraid to break conventions. A rock band using Sitar – check the song Norwegian Wood from Rubber Soul.
11) Consistency – They group was kept on creating good music through the years. They overcame personal egos and survived as a group for a longer period than anyone would have expected.
12) Video – They were the ones to start the concept of pop videos. In fact they were the first to have a live satellite telecast of their song – “All you need is love”
Honestly it’s very difficult to put in words my liking for the beatles. You need to listen to them to